HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - descent people?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
rustynobles
Fork Horn

Default RE: descent people?

A lot of folks who legally have hunting licenses and deer tags hunt of their trucks and chase deer around on private and public property in vehicles. If you guys think that its only the "poachers" who do this you're dillusional.

I'm not trying to spread any wisdom or anything. This is my take on how you can help control folks who do this type of thing.

As far as deer populations go what a stupid argument. I have shot 5 does and a nice buck with my bow. It's a lazy mans excuse to say you need a rifle to kill deer.

betterbirddogs, you must not live in eastern NC. and people arguing over what is the correct tool to use? this is supposed to be about me venting about roadhunting. and fyi, in eastern nc it's practically a must to have a rifle; there is thick terrain, and thin, nothing in between, and extremely flat land, and the place i hunt is so thick with briars, i could not even begin to try and squeeze an arrow through. i bow hunt, but not at my home, not in my area, it's just not very conducive to that particular style of hunting. any legal weapon that can be used to take deer i support, and try to participate in the appropriate seasons with.