HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHat do you think?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 07:14 AM
petrey10
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHat do you think?

why whitetail institutes extreme? I believe that alfa rack plus or Imperial is better than extreme. Extreme is for areas where very little can be grown due to poor land. If it was used for agriculture the land should be of better quality then what extreme is designed for. Also are corn and soybeans grown as crops in the area? if so I would focus on other annuals such as turnips, rape, peas, maybe use Whitetail Institutes Powerplant or winter greens in this field or the equivalent to other company's product. The key is to diversify. Powerplant will provide A LOT of food. And it will give them bedding area/seclusion as it gets some what tall. Do you have water source on your land? If not you might want to try and find someone who could bulldoze you a nice little area. That will keep even more deer on your property. Since it sounds like you will be huntiing the area for awhile I would plant mast bearing trees such as Oaks, persimmons, and then a variety of fruit trees (pears, peach, apple). Again this will add more diversity to your land. Also on the trail openings that go right to your food plots maybe plant some Whitetail Institute no till or extreme there as it will attrach them out of the woods and to the food plots (again adding to the diversity of food on your land). The pine trees is a great idea but maybe look at making the inside row fruit trees.