HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)
Old 12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
elkhuntinut
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Under anti-trust laws a dealership can be pulledfor a variety of reasons, including a preference for those who carry a full line of their products, the desire to maintain a certain "image" for the product line, or the ability to maintain a minimum volume of business to minimize distribution costs. The antitrust laws do not interfere with business decisions like these as long as the manufacturer acts unilaterally and not as part of a scheme to monopolize a market.

In today's world many companies are working to have their customers identify with their particular brand. Many companies will rely on the reps to help in selecting what dealers support the brand. For example, Harley Davidson dealers are now required to have a certain requirements outside of number of units sold, to help support the image Harley has worked hard to develop.

I guess my comment is this, you said that you were eligible for co-op dollars, yet you failed to utilize them ? Not sure why, but that reduce your out of pocket advertisment expense. Second, if you are selling more of the other brands, for me I would not let it get to me. Not worth wasting the time if it is not a big seller in your store.

All in all it sounds like you had a bad experience from the beginning, and that is a shame. As a former dealer and a consumer in today's world, I believe that Hoyt has always had the image and standard of producing high quality products and was usually supported by a good group of field reps who were willing to assist and promote thru the dealers.

If that is not what your getting, move on to someone. As far as the rep, in my world now, its not about the product, its about the rep assisting you in the growth of your business.