HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - (NON) pass-thru issues....
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
MNpurple

Default RE: (NON) pass-thru issues....

You have been going on and on about this issue for quite some time and you keep getting the same answers to your problem. I think it time to take these answers and do something about it. I shoot 64 pounds, 372 grains, and a 100 grain Magnus Stinger or Buzzcut and must wipe dirt off my broadhead every time. I do not know if your season is closed yet or not, if not, choose a new broadhead, practice shooting with it, and go stick yourself a deer. If it is closed......

1. Make some educated decisions on a new broadhead (fixed blade). You are already narrowing your choices down. I will throw in that I have used Muzzy, THunderhead, and Magnus Stingers all out of the exact same current set up I am using, and really none hold a candle to the Stingers for passthroughs.

2. I can't explain your issues using the Muzzys other than your bow maybe not being in tune. I am certainly no expert at tuning a bow, but you have some very good friends on here who are very good at this kind of thing (Rob, Matt, etc). Seek them out for help starting as if you just purchased your bow. The slightest fishtail (that maybe you cant even see) will result in a significant decrease in your passthrough power. If not them, there should be a proshop around who will help you out.

3. One thing that has been mentioned already but perhaps deserves consideration is your height in a treestand. With the elevations you are shooting at, you are choosing to go through the most deer that you can, top to bottom. DOn't go up quite so high, back off the trail you are watching a little bit so you provide yourself more of a broadside shot, than straight downward.

Beyond these three things, I really don't know what else you can do to achieve complete passthrough, now stop asking questions and make it happen.