HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabelas yesterday
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 PM
pnut
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas yesterday

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Sounds like you got an excellent deal. I have mixed emotions on discounts for credit cards (same as they give .10 cents per gallon of gas. I learned years ago,in another marriage,to NEVER have credit cards. I now deal strictly with cash,checks,or debit cards. To me personally,and people who either choose not to have credit cards,or people who don't qualify for them seems slightly discrimnatory. Anyway-CONGRATS on your deal! Wish we had a cabelsa close by but we don't.
I plan on just taking the total bill divided by 11 (this way there is no chance of them hitting me up for any interest @ 12months) and setting up a monthly bill pay with my online banking for that amount.
Wife and I each have a credit card a piece that we actually use ( have many others from different stores for the same 12month deals IE: Lowes, HomeDepot, BassPro...) but we don't leave a balance on them (pay it off each month if we do use it). Both have reward credits that come in very handy on our vacations for hotels, rental car, etc.....
We have great credit and it mainly comes down to using our head and don't buy anything we can't afford , at least in the allowed interest free period which is only Cabelas right now. We just paid off our bathroom remodel that we put on the Lowes card and paid off in 11months.