HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official team 14 thread TEAM TALL TINES
Old 12-13-2008, 03:16 PM
IL_Hunter
Spike

Default RE: Official team 14 thread

This morning I decided to put my bow down and put my orange on and I grabbed my muzzleloader. It was cold and really windy this morning, it was down right misserable. At 7:30 I had a doe come up out of the creek heading right towards me about a minute late I see horns. My first thought was he's a shooter, but then he turned towards me and I thought no he's not because he was narrow. His rack was only out to the tips of his ears. So, for about a minute and a half watching him turn his head back and forth and changing my mind every time he did, I finally though it's been a long season, it's cold, it's only going to get colder, screw it I'm filling my last buck tag. I put the crosshairs tigh behind his shoulder, he was broadside at about 30 yards, and squeezed the trigger. He turnt and ran right at me falling over dead right at the base of the tree I was sitting in. In all he was with 7 does. I call him the Pimp daddy buck. I was shocked when I put the tape on him. I thought there was no way he was as big as the first one I shot this year. I was thinking mid 140's. He ended up being 154-5/8". I am very pleased. I must say the lord has truely blessed me with another great season. Now it's time to start shooting some yotes. Good luck everyone.