HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage and blood trails.....
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 12:19 AM
StrutNtom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage and blood trails.....

First, Please don't shoot at a deer while it's walking. As you learned, most of the time you are going to make a "bad" shot that is more than likely going to be too far back. Not to mention a deer's reflexes.

As for your post. I have shot three deer this year with the 2 blade Rage heads. I use a Tribute 70lbs @ 27.5'' and total arrow weight is 440gr. All three deer were pass throughs and all three deer lost huge amounts of blood. One of them had a massive blood trail that squirted blood 4ft up on trees.

The last one I shot was a mature doe. I was about 15ft high and she came in walking directly from my right to my left. At about 15yds I had a perfect broad side shot. The arrow hit her perfect left and right and a little high going in. She took off up the hill.While sitting in the standI could see a puddle ofblood right behindwhere she was standing.This wasin hardwoods so the ground wascovered with all sorts of yellow, red, and brown leaves that make most tracking jobsabig head ache. Thearrow hit arib and turned. Went through entire stomach contents and came right before her ham. She only went about 40yds or so. As for the blood trail it was just like the first two bucks I shot this season. Very heavy. The only thing I can compare the blood trails I've had so far with the Rage 2 blade is like taking an oil plug out of a car and driving it. Its a steady flow of blood. Not a spot here and a drop there.