HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - braking the law
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: braking the law

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I guess the real question is. Why? Why do (did) you break the law?
Convience maybe, didn't see the point of the law, Maybe some just like breaking the law,most however don't do it to get an unfair advantage, but just something minor. Like not tagging adeer before moving it one inch. Maybethey forgot thier pen?

For me, the most serious offense was a voilent confrontation with an antihunter interferring with my hunt. Kinda obvious on why I guess. I lost control.

Its kinda like asking drivers why they went 1MPH over the speedlimit ever. Carries about the same wieght as most minor hunting law offenses. Why they used thier horn for any other thing than emergency avoidance of a wreck. Most states, blowing your horn at someone to say hello is illegal.
For instance, Why dopeople hunt after legal shooting hours even thoughthey know it's against the law?

The ticky tacky laws i'm not interested in. Nor mistakes made. But what drives people to purposely break the law?

Our Wis law book states that it's only a summary of the law. So I'll bet we all break laws we don't even know about.
I have seen and turned in spot lighters who killed at night. I know for me, I couldn't ever look at that trophy and not be totally disgusted with myself. But I imagine for those I have turned in, they have no conscience on the matters. I notice these people usually follow a pattern in life. Some have very little conscience in whatever they do. I have known some to be wife beaters. Some to be drug dealers.

For me, the thing of trespassing on a persons land where my deer has ran over and dropped and I can see it, is a matter of principle.I am willing to get the ticket. If I called the lady and ask, she would tell me no, I can't go over there and get the deer. And I am not willing to let it rot because she hates hunters.

So I guess people do it for different reasons.