HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - overlook the fact of killing deer?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 12:34 PM
NY Bowhunter
Boone & Crockett

Default overlook the fact of killing deer?

The spiker thread got me thinking. Do you evertake for grantedthe fact that you kill deer? Or you had the ability to kill deer if you chose and passed? I didn't realize the number of people that go a season (or seasons) without killing anything. I guess I just go into a season knowing I'll kill the number of deer I want for meat in the freezer. Hell there are stretches in my season where I could kill A DEER of some kind 90% of the time I go out. Maybe I've taken that fact for granted. I get so wrapped up on particular bucks or filling that buck tag. I get so overwhelmed with the strategy, details and the mental side of hunting that to be honest the thought of just being able to kill a deer doesn't even enter my brain. It's a non issue for me. Interesting.

I'm not sure how this is coming across. Let me just say that in no way shape or form am I proclaiming to be the greatest hunter (or even top 10 [8D]) on the face of the Earth. In fact I think I really suck lol. It just dawned on me that there are a lot of people that don't get the opportunity to take a deer. I know I'm getting my 3 deer (or more if I chose) a season. There really isn't a question about that .... ever.