HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - P&Y Scoring...WHY is it the way it is?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:39 AM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: P&Y Scoring...WHY is it the way it is?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

and Jeff I do understand, you guys have more deer running around on 5 acres there than I probably have on a hundred here!
Shed...

Ask Rob and Will what it's like hunting here. Rob had one shooting opp. in 5 hunts this year (2 fawns).....and Will and I didn't see a deer until our 4th (out of 6) hunts. Will shot this deer on the last hour of the last day.

Rob:

Man we were frantically trying to get things done and get to dinner with friends. We didn't think about the bow. Sorry. By the time we thought about it.....he was in pieces[8D].

But Troy....yes...we have likely a lot more deer than you But being fair.....NO deer reside on the old grounds I hunt (where WIll and I were.....and Rob for the most part). We're relying on them to travel through.
Jeff,what happened to all the deer? Its just always seemed like in the past you had a ton of deer around according to your reports.. Die off? Slow movement this season? Development moving in? what's up?? Again, its probably something you've shared this season I just havent been around enough to read up and keep up with everyone..

I know here this year, I have seen the Least amount of mature bucks EVER in a season and the general reports across the 3 counties that I have been hunting is the same.. Tough winter last year and POOR hunting weather during the rut here are too blame.