HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Plans for a tower stand
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:15 AM
RabidSniperNY
Fork Horn

Default RE: Plans for a tower stand

ORIGINAL: jrfrmn

How big is your stand?
Does being enclosed make it seem smaller than it is?

ORIGINAL: RabidSniperNY

I would also recommend the elevators. Last summer, my brother and built one of these. I dont have any plans, just some pics. We kind of just went by the seat of our pants.

I have two pics, however cannot figure out how upload those, says file is too big.

jrfrmn,

Hey the stand is about 16 feet up in the air and is about six by six. It is fairly roomy in there. We can fit three good size guys but mostly it is my brother and I. We do have a propane heater in there for those cold, cold days. The stand did come in nice opening day of shotgun. Here in central NY it rained all day. I sat in a regular tree stand until 9am and then changed clothes and went up there and sat all day out of the rain.

There is also plexiglass windows on all four sides and insulation in the walls.

Being enclosed doesnt make it small, plenty of room for two to move around or be comfortable and the deer dont mind it. Have them walking right by it. We did get it up long before the season. The only negative thing about it is that its not the best stand to bow hunt from, however I prefer my other tree stands for that.

Also, i have been up there in some really nasty wind and snow storms this year and it has been great. We had a really big wind storm during the early fall and it is still standing. Knock on wood. We also have it anchored into concrete at the bottom.