HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The best bows out there...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
MOhunter46
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The best bows out there...

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

I personally think that the best bows are the oldest bows possible. They've been broken in- heck, they're even better if they've been broken in the past! They've got heart and soul and makes the shooter better. I learned on an old long bow. Much better than mostpeople with one of those high-tech bows with all the bells and whistles on it. I once knew a guy that wouldn't shoot his bow anymore because he didn't have a peep sight. Another guy wouldn't take his bow out until he got a little wrist sling. GEEZ people... when did the skill go out of bow hunting? I personally useda bottom of the barrel low-tech cheap bow that wasn't even a brand name and was about 10 years old at the time. I took a beautiful buck with that bow! At what point does the shooter rely so heavily on technology that he's inept to shoot without it?
My only question is why do you care? As long as people are hunting legal it shouldn't matter. I like to shoot newer bows becausei can and they are just dang fun to shoot. And i will continue to shoot newer bows as long as i can afford them.

Wayne