HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The best bows out there...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:35 PM
2 Lunger
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The best bows out there...

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

I personally think that the best bows are the oldest bows possible. They've been broken in- heck, they're even better if they've been broken in the past! They've got heart and soul and makes the shooter better. I learned on an old long bow. Much better than mostpeople with one of those high-tech bows with all the bells and whistles on it. I once knew a guy that wouldn't shoot his bow anymore because he didn't have a peep sight. Another guy wouldn't take his bow out until he got a little wrist sling. GEEZ people... when did the skill go out of bow hunting? I personally useda bottom of the barrel low-tech cheap bow that wasn't even a brand name and was about 10 years old at the time. I took a beautiful buck with that bow! At what point does the shooter rely so heavily on technology that he's inept to shoot without it?
First of all I want to say welcome to the bowhunting forum huntingirl 89. Don't believe I've seen you in here before.

I'm with you on this one. I myself hunt with an old PSE bow from time to time and have taken 2 P&Y animals with it. I don't know if some of us feel like we have to keep up with the Jones' or what, but I have no problem with someone shooting an older bow. I would put my old PSEup against some of these guys with these new Bowtechs anyday!