HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Handles
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, none of this will affect the administration, just the hard working folks out in the field, which we already have too few of. We need more guys in the field to help convict poachers, trespassers, etc. Additionally it will hurtprograms that are positive in our state such as stocking fish, pheasants, allocation of public hunting grounds, clean water initiatives. So by beingselfish deer hunters, you are hurting many other outdoorsmen, women, and children.
If you don't want to shoot a deer, because in your hunting area, you feel there are too few deer, then by all means, don't shoot one. That doesn't meanyou shouldn't buy a license. For example, I haven't hunted waterfowl,pheasants, or fished for troutfor at least 10 years, but every year I buy a stamps for each of them, because I want all of those things to continue to improve. Maybe I'm being foolish with about $20 of my moneybut I would rather support programs, even ones I don't partake in, because I know that some kid might shoot his first ringneck over his dog and be hooked for life.