HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rest Preference
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:54 AM
muzzyman88
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rest Preference

OK guys,

I have an arrow rest disorder. There are not too many rests on the market that I would honestly put on my hunting bow. Most either are not built well enough to stand up to season's of beating, don't offer containment, or are too noisy.

I have been using one rest for the past 3 years on my bow. An APA Twister Safari rest. Full containment, doesn't contact anything and is really quite simple in design. I have not had one single issue with this rest once its been mounted. I still can't figure out why this rest never caught on with the hunting crowd. Most likely it was due to a lack of marketing.

That being said, I have an itch to try something new this winter. I'll wait to see what is out from the ATA show first though.

Other than the APA rest, there are a couple that I wouldn't have an issue putting on my bow for a season. Trophy Takers are tough to beat. Very simple and very tough. But, no containment unless you get that huge containment version.

The rest that really appeals to me is the QAD. It has everything I look for in a rest. However, I'm still hesitant to try one because of all the plastic on it.