HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help a lefty
Thread: Help a lefty
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
raptor5618
Spike

Default RE: Help a lefty

I have both left hand and right hand guns. I shot a right hand muzzle loader for years and it was pretty exciting when the pan went off. I finally got a left handed one and I could actually see what went on with the shot but it was not as exciting to shoot. I also shot a right handed bow for most of my life, and only in the last few years switched to a left hand model.

But every time I switch I realized how much easier it is with a left handed gun or bow. I see there are several choices but with a laminated stock I only see that Ruger has one in stainless. If I go with synthetic then savage or Tikka have left hand models as does Remington but accuracy experience with Remington is that they are good enough but not great. My Weatherby is so much more accurate that the difference is very noticeable.

I seem to read much more about how good the Tikka gun is but that the stock is not so great. With the Savage it seems most positive comments are about the trigger. My real problem with savage is that a long time ago it was considered a junk gun. Kind of hard to put that image out of my head.

In rifles the difference is not all that much so I really would rather spend a bit more to get something built for a lefty. I never sell my guns or guitars so resale value is not much of an issue. Also this gun is for hunting so I do not think its value at resale is going to be much of an issue no matter what side you shoot from.