HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:59 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

thanx Rob....till i obtain good land that isnt pressured like the lands i hunt now, i will forever continue to switch to the rifle and/or flintlock when the regular bow season ends...natural movement in daylight hours in my area is just about non-exsistant....for a couple years i tried stand hunting both rifle and flintlock seasons....if i seen deer, they were fully alert and were bumped or jumped by someone else...thats when i decided that i would not bowhunt outside the regular bowseasons...even those sightings were minimal next to opening day and saturdays when theres enough guys out to move deer...

thats the only reason i killed the buck i did...someone else bumped him and the does my direction...which is why i was sitting over a pretty nasty ravine...

i'll post pics when i find my camera cord...i didnt see it at home and its not here at school...i remember grabbing it before heading home...but i cant remember what i did with it...hopefully its at home somewhere...im real bummed about the lack of pics and NO good pics....i was doing well the last couple kills and got some decint pics...thats what happens when you leave batteries in the cold as long as i did...by the time i got home and got the camera a little charge, the deer was beyond stiff, gutted and bloody, and already hung to be butchered....ohhhh well live and learn....just like i learned not to use crappy film cameras...had one of them completely eat a rool of film from one of my spring turkeys...i was jacked....

i'll hafta measure him up just for kicks...broken tines kill it(probably 7" or so)...but id like to learn more on scoring so i can judge and learn more..im also hoping the teeth boiled out nicely so i can post pics of them...maybe someone will know how old he was...body and neck just tell me he isnt 2.5....could be wrong though...buddy knows i was REAL interested in the teeth and said he would try his best to keep the bottom jaws