HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 100# doe on the hoof
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:43 PM
minnesotadeer
Fork Horn

Default RE: 100# doe on the hoof

I like using the oven best, though I have used my smoker. My wife got me one of those 3 tray oven jerky sets from Cabelas as a Xmas gift last year and it works slick. I forget how much I can get on there but you can get a lot on them and even buy extra ones to stack as high as your oven allows. I marinate the meat overnight and then pat dry and slide into the oven on the trays from breakfast to dinner, or around 10-12 hours. I leave the oven on at 170 and the door propped open ever so slighty with a wad of aluminum foil for good airflow. Your house will smell like a smokehouse but thankfully my wife likes the smell. In fact, she eats more of the jerky than I do probably since its a fairly health snack.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0025137516402a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=jerky+ tray&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty =1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcom mon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1