HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Uncle Ted
Thread: Uncle Ted
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 04:06 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Uncle Ted

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

Sorry fellas, but in my eyes the guy's a complete phony and a liar. I know alot of guys think he's an ambassador to the sport and supports hunter's rights, but its all a gimmick IMO. Here's why.

1) "I think people who kill wolves are punks" -Ted on OTC's top 25 greatest outdoor movies special dec 06'
2) Admits to poaching a vulture, and mounting it for a stage prop, in his book "god,guns&RnR"
3) Claims he killed a ram at 600 yds w/ a 9mm beretta pistol, in his book "god guns& RnR"
4) His show is just canned hunting garbage, and the most tackey peice of crap on ODC. Yeah canned hunts are legal and I support them, but I hardley think that makes him an "ambassador to the sport" or an authority on hunting.
5) His magazine articles are nothing more than the rambleings of a blithering madman.
6) If I donated a million $$$ to the NRA, I'd be on the board too.
7) How are you gonna call a bleach blonde, former weather girl, w/ a 10K boob job "queen of the forest"? gimme a break!
8) Hes starred in several tackey reality shows where he shamlessly portrays hunting in the goofy redneck image that hollywood always does ,just like that idiot, jeff foxworthy.
9) Say disgusting things on stage in front of kids (Ive witnessed it) and is basically an embarrasment to hunters whenever he opens his mouth on fox news, talking about guns and hunting.
10) Claims he supports the troops and US war efforts, but dodged the draft himself during the veitnam war like the chicken sh**, hypocrite he is.

If you guys wanna admire a bowhunting guitar player with a little class, may I suggest Dickie Betts (Alman Bros.)
You know, I agree with most of this. But, my brother, who goes to the NRA conferences, and such, brought up a good point. And that was "The kids love em". He says he sees the younguns just cheer when he gets into someone's face with some rant on not giving up one of our hunting or gun rights. NRA can't survive with the same old men with the same ole pitch. If you want any movement or organization to keep growing or going, one has to think of the future. And like it or not, they are the future. And believe me, I am not a big fan of the droopy pants, loud grocery getter honda civic generation.