HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
zmax hunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

Hello from Kansas, the orange army has things hiding around here, not to mention pushed around, My wife lost a brother last week, most of it was spent with her and her family. taking care of our kids, he had been in the hospital for 4 weeks, and had surgery for a cancer, things just went downhill from there. my wife is the youngest of 10, this was the first of her siblings to have passed, he was 57, i guess its kinda been a hard weekaround here.

My daughter still wants to rifle hunt so i imagine thurs, and this weekend will be her only chances to go. Nice deer there siman, i have until dec. 31st to make it happen, i have to say, a nice buck sure would be nice, but man, its been a lot of fun this year, just being in the woods.....believe it or not, i am already planning for next year, a couple of my areas have really shown a better way to hunt them.

several days ago, i had a super nice buck walk out of a creek bed right up to me, i was on the ground and as he neared 20 yards coming into my shooting lane i drew on him, i think my foot must have moved, clothes must have creaked, something, maybe the movement caught his eye, i was just settleing the pin on his shoulder when he jumped and ran away,....nice buck!

There have been some awesome bucks killed around here this year, i have pics of several but i guess i dont feel they are mine to share,
Take Care guys, oh, and in case i should forget, Merry Christmas!!!