HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where the heck did it go!!??
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
GregH
Site Buck Guru

Default Where the heck did it go!!??

I was posting some pics last night when suddenly it hit me............ there were 40 years difference between the pics!!!

Where did the time go so quickly? Wow! It seems almost like yesterday, when I got my first compound bow. Well below are the pics that brought this lost time lapse to my attention. Although, you really have to admit, there is not much difference between the two except maybe the whiskers and I got my braces off. Otherwise, I've aged quite gracefully!!

Going from tan, painted coveralls from my dad's work (my work too) to Ultimate Camo, a 35# Recurve to a high speed compound, hunting from the ground to state of the art tree stands, wow! Back when I started we had to travel up north to find deer. Now they're everywhere. Hunting licenses were a buck, and now my Ill license cost $450!! [:@]

I remember hunting on my own for the first time......."Hey, here's a trail, let's hunt here". No real reason, it just looked good. Paging through magazines just looking at the pictures and dreaming to buying books and every subscription of deer mag imaginable! Almost all of my rabbit, squirrel and pheasant hunts ultimately turned into deer hunting or scouting! I couldn't help it! Deer just fascinated the heck out of me, they still do! [:-]

Who knows what the future will bring? I will be chasing big whitetails for a while yet but my future will find me managing them on my own piece of land. That is what I am really looking forward to. I wouldn't trade this journey of mine for anything! I doubt I could find something that could make my heart beat as fast as it does after seeing and shooting a deer. Some people just don't understand.