HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - K.I.S.S. A beginner's guide.
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Jasonlester
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: K.I.S.S. A beginner's guide.

Good stuff man. I think alot of bad habits are formed when someone gets a setup that doesn't fit them. I teach archery for 4H. I see it all the time. Kids try a bow that is to beg or they want to overdraw it. We cannot setup the bows for each child so there shooting recurves or genesis bows (basicaly acts just like a recurve) I work with them on form etc. No sights just a simple bow with a simple rest and an arrow. No release. This builds on the basics and then if you want to add things like a release, sights, etc you can. But you have the basics of shooting down.

Hunting bows are very similar. People seem to over think them. The animals your are after don't care that you have the newest fastest prettiest thing to hit the market. In fact if you can't shoot it acuratly you shouldn't be hunting.

The K.I.S.S. method is a good one with hunting. Think about what can fail when you need it most. If it fails or can fail on you it probably will. You generaly practice from the best situation. And then your shot is in the worst situation.

Minimizing the possible problems ahead of time will benefit you in the long youn for sure. But if you don't believe me. Go ahead learn for yourself. I already have!