HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bashing crossbows?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 09:57 AM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bashing crossbows?

If it was the first time I' d heard something like that, Kevin, I could pass it off. But it' s not. Same thing was being said in the 70' s about compounds, that we should move over and make room for them. Look where we' re at today. Stickbow shooters are a huge minority.
Arthur ,

It' s not like the archery season was flooded by gun hunters in the seventies who found a new interest in archery due to the compound bow. The overwhelming majority of " new compound" shooters in the seventies were traditional shooters before that , myself included , who just wanted to change with the times and try new and exciting things.

It' s funny how the true agendas of those who are against xbows in archery season show themselves eventually everytime this thread gets going.

Selfishness!

Ya' ll fear that if you have to share the woods with xbows the season harvests are going to sky rocket and your lengthy seasons will be shortened![][:' (]

If a xbow is so much like a gun , how about giving up part of your archery season to xbow hunters. Like maybe the length of your gun season should be given to xbow hunters in October?
I' ll bet it sounds like a good idea to you as long as it doesn' t take any days from the regular archery season , right?