HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech Sniper or Ross Cardiac?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Mr. Finkelhiemer

Default RE: Bowtech Sniper or Ross Cardiac?

I don't know about the Bowtech Sniper, but I know first hand that the 2009 Cardiac 31 is a sweet bow to shoot. I just bought one back in September and I was kinda amazed how smooth the draw was and quiet the shoot was. My buddy stopped by for a visit and was even impressed. He didn't hear me down in the yard while I was shooting. Heactually didn't see me as well. I thought he would have heard it cause he always heard my old bow. When he came down and watched a few arrows fly he asked me what teh heck i was shooting.I showed him and he then started shooting it himself. He felt the same way about the bow as I did. He owns the Bowtech Tomkat and he found the Ross to be alot nicer at the draw. He also had a hard time coughing up the bow.LOL!

It draws very smooth and has adrawstop. On release, there is very little handshock if any. Coming from a Darton MaverickRecurve,this bow is a dream to shoot. The arrow speeds seemed to be around the same, plus thebrace height is alot higher. Very forgiving for a short axle to axle bow. The grip is very narrow and fit me well. I choose this bow over the Hoyt Katera. Although it was faster and almost as smooth at the draw, I could not let this little number go.

Finish, well it is built like a tank. It is approximately 3.9 lbs bare. As most bows are around that weight. The invelvet finish is nice and the craftmanship IMO is top notch.No complaints. After about 500 shots in two weeks I retuned the sucker and it was barely out.

When I came back to the Sandbox and shot the Darton again, I was so disapointed because the Ross spoiled me to death. I don't miss the Cam and a Half on my darton at all. Yeah she is fast, but not as cozy if you know what I mean.

My suggetion is to check out the deal on Gander Mountain online if you reallylike this bow. I could have sworn they were on sale. And if you can wait a while longer, shoot the Ross Carnivore. I keep hearing so many great things about the new Hybrid (Cam and a Half) design with the new Krank.

Finally, I would shoot the bows first though. Everyone has a different feel for bows in general. You might like the bowtech over theRoss, but shoot the Carnivore before you decide.

Respectfully,
Justin