HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS
Old 12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

I'd like to say that trying to avoid saving a buck may help you avoid these situations, though I'm not sure that's the case. I did once hear a man who had taken many trophies in his lifetime, say, never book a cheap hunt...and I have to say while I don't have near the experience that man had, I have been on quite a few, and hands down the pricier hunts, all were more professional, andbetter experiences, period. Those quality hunts I either took a quality animal or at least felt I could...was in the area, right spot, etc...and just did not get lucky, while the save a buck hunts....were similar in some respects to what you said, drunk boyfriend, unproffessional, etc.. and while had I done well that would probably be more of a side note, its not very surprising that we weren't successful in those situations, so they certainly seem to go hand in hand.

Do wish you didn't have to experience such a bad hunt, I think calling every reference possible is what I'll be doing in the future.