HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Single or Double caliper release ??
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 03:10 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single or Double caliper release ??

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Releases are very subjective. Scott makes a great release... but personally... I hate'em. Great quality and all... I can't shoot with them. WAY too touchy.

I like a double... reason being is all I have to do is release the trigger to close the jaws.... also... its a lot easier to shoot with gloves on.... but mostly because the slightly heavier trigger allows me to lay my whole finger on the trigger while I'm aiming.

I shoot a Tru-Fire Hurricane. Like big, I have to have a buckle... anyone hunting should too.... I also like one that is adjustable length wise becaues I have very short fingers and I like to shoot with the trigger in the middle/first joint on my finger.
for hunting situationsi agree with you about the touchiness of a release. Idk if i could shoot my little bitty goose with gloves on. But on the other hand, the iidea when releasing is to not have to try and release, b/c it will make you move. I lay my finger on the trigger and pull through using bt. I have tightened my trigger up before nad made it less sensitive but i couldnt not pull through nearly as well, making my releases less clean and fluid.

It seems like its really all about what makes you shoot the best. but to answer your question, no, the sabertooth will not shoot better than the little goose, although, you might be able to shoot better with the sabertooth.
Derek