HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official America's Team Thread (19)
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 04:01 PM
AF Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Today was the opening of shotgun season so bow season is closed until the 22nd. I went out with my cousin and saw a really nice 8 point break out of another timber after some shotgun blasts. It ran up on a pond dam 300 yards away and stood there for an hour. Then he laid down right there on top where he could see all around him. Then at 10:00 I walked up on a hilltop and saw Ole Grandpa take off at 100 yards through some real thick cover. By the time I reached the spot I last saw him, he was no where in sight. I looked at his tracks and that bugger was circling around to get behind me. I worked my way back the way I had come in and watched him walk by the new stand (which now had no one in it). My cousin, who is 64 years old, drove the truck back to the top of the hill and then I walked out. I popped up 4 does but did not have a shot. In the afternoon, we walked my property and didn't even see any tracks in the snow. Going out again tomorrow to try and fill my bang bang tag and then will take time off until bow season opens back up. Have another job interview Monday. Pay isn't good, but some is better than none.