HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Traditions Shenandoah 50 cal.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Kanes28
Spike

Default Traditions Shenandoah 50 cal.

I purchased one of these a little over a year ago and right outta the box I noticed that when I would use the double set trigger - about 1 out of every 5 times the gun would not fire. The hammer would only fall to the half cock position.

I had a draw on a muzzleloading New Mexico Mule Deer hunt and planned on using this gun. In prep for my trip this problem got worse at the range. To say 3 out of 5 times it would fail.

I called Traditions and explained the problem and they gave me a RA # and had me send it in so they got take a look. After a few weeks I received the gun back and it seemed to be better.

Now, while in New Mexico Ijumped (3) nice Bucks bedded down in a little thick strip between a mountain and the ATV trail I was traveling on. I was able to get off my ATV in time and had the largest of the 3 Bucks - a Monster Muley in my sights! broadside at 30 yards. "CLICK"- No fire, the hammer only fell to half cock. He was still standing there and I got the hammer back again. "CLICK" and He bolted!

so as soon as I got back to Wisconsin I email the guy I dealt with at Traditions and send him a very disgruntled email about my experience with Traditions firearms during my expensive hunt to New Mexico. They give me all these apoligies and have me send it in again.

I get it back and right out of the box - First time it fails! I call the guy and he says it never failed for the gunsmith when he had it??? I said, come on, how can that be??? its failing almost everytime now. I was basically told nothing was found to be wrong and they could do no more. Completely frustrated and angry I just say, nevermind than Ill never buy a Traditions again and hung up. I put the gun in my cabinet and having touched it since.

sorry for the long post guys!! but Ive decided its time I do something with this firearm now. The double set trigger operation fails every time now. anyone have any ideas on the problem? Should I try callin Traditions back under a calmer manner? Im not the mechanical type to start messin with this myself.

a good end to the story, I did manage to get a small 4 point muley with this gun on my last night so the trip wasnt a complete waste but that first deer was BIG!Dam!