HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Siman08/OH
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

Well boys, shotgun season has went well for us here in Chatham, Ohio.

OnMonday morning, me, my 15 year old brother and my best friend were all in stands on my property. I had a doe bedded down about 100 yards off into the woods, andmy best friend passed on a good doe with two yearlings. My brother (Hick442)shot his 5 point pictured abovethat morning at 8:20. While the deer was making his death run, he ran into a tree and knocked his right antler off. The buck ended up gross scoring in the 74 range, which is pretty good for a 2.5 year old 5 point. On monday night, we all went hunting across the road and i ended up having a small 8 point walk under my stand at last light. He is the 14th buck that i have passed on this year i believe. Down the road, my brothers best friend shot the big 8 point thats pictured above. His first shot glanced off the bucks forehead and knocked him out, and the 2nd shot went right through the lungs.

On tuesday morning, me and my best friend sat my woods again, He ended up seeing a yearling, and i went deerless. Then on tuesday night, me and him went back accross the road once again. At about 4:40, i had a momma doe and three fawns start working down the trail to my right perfectly. I waited till she got within 15 yards and dropped her on the spot. Her fawns stood around for a few moments and then bounced off. A few minutes later, i heard some shots. My best friend had shot his 6 point less than 300 yards from where i shot my doe. It was his first deer ever. Around that time i got a call that our other friend from the fire department shot his first deer of the year. My 13 year old brother was hunting the edge of a cornfield a few hundred yards away that night and saw a big 8 or 10 point run out at last light without being able to get off a shot, then when my brothers friend who shot the 8 point on monday was walking into the woods and saw you know who....FREAK DADDY!!!!! Standing in a feild not 20 yards away. He said without a doubt that it was the biggest deer he had ever seen (the ironic part is that he is the guy who got the pictures of him in August and first knew of him being in the area).

I slept at my girlfriends on Tuesday night, so i couldnt hunt Wendsday morning. On wendsday night, i went out to my ladder stand (Where my friend had shot his 6 point), and didnt see a deer. My 13 year old brother shto a doe in the same feild he was hunting the night before (it was his first deer ever). I didnt go out agian until tonight, and i didnt see anything. I will be going out the next 2 days though...and then it will be back to bowhunting.