HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW SOME CHEAT
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOW SOME CHEAT

ORIGINAL: DougE

I turned in 3 poachers last year and the northeast dispatch got the WCO on the radio and he called me within minutes.In fact,he was at the guy's house before the guy even got there.On the last day of flintlock season,Icaught a guy shooting from the road in an area where you can't use a firearm.I confronted the guy and he got in his vehicle and took off.I followed the guy,while talking with the WCO and he pulled him over.This year,I reported a baited treestand to himand he investigated that day.A buddy of mine found where several bears were killed in a den this year.he reported the incident and the neighboring WCO,land manager and deputy investigated that day.Three people were arrested in that case.I deal with our local WCO's a few times a year and they always do a great job.Unfortunately,they can't be everywhere at once and they need the help of sportsmen.
i cant believe i agreed with you on something

first, we did catch our no.1 poacher but could only get him for spotlighting.

then we got him for shooting a bear with his license revoked.

he will pay 3,000 dollars for that one ,he wont his buddy is paying all his fines, he does not care.

when we got the snow in beararchery,RUMOR is most of bear hunters that got a bear,SHOT THEM IN THEIR DENS.

we had 1 group get 5 bear with a bow, is that possible, i guess so but hard for me to believe you can DRIVE bear and all 5 are shot with bow while driving bear

our poaching here in western clinton county is down to under 10 people.

WCO knows who they are and has responded to our calls.

our problem is they did not fill the WCO postion here in renovo area.

so, poachers know this,hey no LOCAL wco, so they had ball for year or so.

plus the WCO is only allowed so much overtime.

but, you are right, many, many bears were shot in their DENS,the hunters only had to follow tracks to den in snow,it was that easy .

i even had bear hunter tell me outside the check stationhe did it BUT HE SAID IT THIS WAY,SPROUL HE WAS building A DEN,not in a den

RIGHT, I REALLY BELIEVE THAT ONE.[:@]