HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need a New Scale
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a New Scale

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: statjunk

So are there any electronic scales out there that aren't affected by other electronics and will almost always read correctly?

Thanks

Tom
I have been on a search for one for many years, and haven't found any. Best thing to do is use batterys and not outlets.
.........bc...Care to comment on my post about the DPS scales? I know we have had discussions about these types before, but do you think any real improvements have been made in regards to line interference? Curious....
I have a 505 I've used for years. I've recently had cause to doubt it's repeatability. Worn knife edges come quickly to mind. After weighing a series of charges, I went back and weighed some of the first loads I'd done. They were off by what I felt was an unreasonable amount. This gives me some wonder about some opf the vertical stringing I've experienced lately. I tended to blame it on some primer issues, but now I'm seriously doubting that.
The RCBS electronic that I bought several years ago gave me fits at the time. Perhaps I just wasn't letting it warm up enough...The whole thing just pi$$es me off.....Where do you go for honest weights? Really getting disgusted.