HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 12:22 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I never (nor did I hear anyone profess) said anythng about mine being a "successful hunt". The bar keeps moving with every post, it seems.

Matt's buck was recovered days after he shot it.....and the meat was not edible.

Greatest story in determination I've ever read, though (regarding a recovery).

My conversation with my GW lasted about ten minutes. After a while Chris just stopped and flat out asked me....

"Jeff....did you kill that deer"? "I mean....if I put you on the stand and asked you if in your heart you killed him....what would you say"?

I tagged the deer. I wouldn't pass judgement on someone else if they didn't. These situations are all different....and they all carry with them extenuating criteria. There is no set protocol....which I learned in this.

"I" followed my heart and my head. I tagged an animal I feel confident died at my hands.

No annointing. No hero photos. No bragging. No spent tags, unwarranted. I just couldn't shoot another one and feel right about it.
Maybe you didn't profess yours to be a successful hunt, but you do seem intent on fighting to declare this hunt a successful one. I'm really confused.