HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Handles

Sorry Jessie it's hard to tell what you meant to say vs. what you really wrote " (and I'm not one of them but the past two years have been eab so have to shoot one)".
I would say any reader on this forum would conclude that 1. you are possibly illiterate and 2. you shot at least 1 deer in the pasttwo yearsbased on what you wrote. Wouldn't you deduct the same if I had written those words?

However, since you seem to have all the answers, lets hear exactly how it should be done. If you don't have an answer, I suggest you do some research,do some volunteer work,get off your soapbox and start helping find the solution rather than being a know-nothing-smart-azz.
Wow, is this the kind of attitude volunteers have in Wisconsin for the DNR? You think with 90% of the WI public having a negative opinion on the DNR, you wouldn't want to talk to people like this and try to help their reputation. Ipersonally have hunteda fair amount ofstates in themidwest for deer and have notseen as much anger as the citizens for WI have for the DNR. Michigan came close with the baiting ban this year, butI think that will be smoothed over as the year goes on.

I personally believe that WIhas to do something to help the hunting publicbecause it seems like their opinions fall on deaf ears.I was a little amazed that their were so many EAB units this year after that brutal winter we had last year. I think everyone knew the deer population was going to be down but the DNR still enacted so many EAB units.

Ive always wondered when the DNR does these counts, do they factor in the amount of deer that get poached and hit by cars? Also, what about the neighbor that hears all this news that WI is overrun with deer so he shoots 7 does off his 40 acre parcel, then the other neighbors need to shoot a doe to get there buck tag so they have to shoot a doe. Its feasible that 12 does could be shot off of 100 acres and maybe 2 bucks. Ive heard of this happening more than once from guys I know in WI. To me, an out of stater looking in, It seems a little odd.

Good luck to all you late season hunters, I wish you all the best of luck! I hope we have a real mild winter and try to get these deer herd number back in line for you!