HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the difference!!??
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

ORIGINAL: GregH
To me it's about the hunt.
That's all that matters, right there.... In a nutshell. Period.

Personally, and it's just my opinion, I think all of the elitism and purism associated with trad gear vs. compounds, compounds vs. crossbows, archery vs. guns or modern guns vs. black powder is just retarded, plain and simple.

The real "human trait" that, when thrown into this particularmix, causes all of the problems are our attitudes.You know, the elitist and purist attitudes. Essentially, an "elitist" (in this case) believes his way of doing something is the ONLY way that should be considered acceptable or appropriate. A "purist" believes thatANY adulteration of something from its original, pure form is totally unacceptable.

Come on! Some of you make me wonder what the first early american hunter/gatherersthought when some young, innovative, loin-cloth wearing, spear-throwing early native american, sitting around sulking because of the lack of penetration achieved by his 20 pound spearfinally figured out that "Hey! If I make a really small spear,put some sinew under tensionusing that piece of wood and use that to throw the little spear really fast, I can kill more efficiently."

If theseancestors of ours had the same attitudes that some of us do, there were probably some die-hard, "spear-throwing elitists" that thought "That's just not right! It's not sporting. The mammoths and buffalo don't stand a chance." Then there would have been the "spear-throwing purists" who were appalled that their way of hunting was being contaminated. "Sorry there, Chief, but your buffalo doesn't qualify for Boone and Crockett because you used a stick and a string tothrow a little spear."

Good lord.