HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tired of Deer Hunting?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 06:14 PM
A11en
Typical Buck

Default Tired of Deer Hunting?

I'm concerned something is wrong with me. I eat, sleep, and breath hunting 365 days a year. Predators, Turkey, Upland Birds, Deer and other big game when possible. I bow hunt, muzzleload, and rifle hunt.As a younger hunter I was inexperienced. With limited sightings Ishot every deer I saw (that was legal). As I've become more experienced, my sightings have increased and I started lettingdeer walk and was taking an average offour a year (which fills thefreezer). This year I've seen at least 30 deer and have shot five.

Last night, I brought my stand and pack to the truck, then went back to retrieve my deer. As I was loading him into the truck, I said to my self "I'm done for the season" (we still a have till January 1st). I'm just tired of all the work of carrying stuff into the woods, dragging everything out, cleaning the deer out, butchering it. I don't find it as rewarding as I used to. I told my self - next year, I'm going to take a doe for thefreezer then hunt horns. I still get very excitedwhen I shoot a decent buck. My largest buck isonly an 8pt in the low 100's. So my plan moving forward it to only shoot bucks bigger than whats currently on the wall.

I can't believe I'm thinking this way. Writing this post almost feels criminal. Anyone else every feel this way? Hopefully its just a phase, or maybe I'm getting old, or just out of shape.

Maybe I need a shrink!