HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
jessejmc1979
Fork Horn

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are right that some hunters have just plain shot too many deer. However where was the dnr during all of this. The problem lies with people thinking that the dnr actually cares about our deer herd and figure that if they let you buy as many tags as you want a keep telling you to shoot everything. People can't be totally to blame for that. If it is the people being gluttens then why couldn't we have the tags to shoot 4,5,6,7,10 does each year 15 years ago. I am not trying to be a jerk but the issue starts and ends with the dnr and the only way to stop it is hit them where it hurts. The wallet. If they are still so dead set on there "herd control" next year we all need to not buy licenses. And with talking to all ofthe hunters I know,only shooting one deer per year and seeingdeer is better than shooting a pile of them. It's pretty hard to keep a 12 yr old kid interested in hunting when all it is is set in the woods andfreeze your butt off and not even see any deer. Anyways just my opinion.