HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many stands?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default RE: How many stands?

ORIGINAL: TNBowHuntr

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

One pretty well is all I use, my LW alpha. Goes in and out each setup. No worry of thievery, no squirrels chewing on anything, and the deer can't get onto me as I am always moving and hunting with the proper wind. Plus the extra physical activity of lugging a stand/sticks in each time and setting up/tearing down keeps me healthy and in top physical shape and is more fun than constantly going to the gym.
Just out of curiousity, wouldn't it be easier for you to use a climber instead of setting up sticks and what not every time or do your areas trees not allow for good climbing? Not criticizing just curious.
Gr8 question. I had a Summit Viper and sold it...in the midwest woods I hunt I found a climber too tree specific and I didn't get to hunt the trees I wanted to; I hunted the tree that the climber would work in. My LW hangon and sticks pretty well will work anywhere. Lots more choices; I hunt where I want to instead of where the climber allows me to. I do plan on getting a LW hand climber for next years MN hunt in the nasty, gnarley, steep mountains that SE MN offer, to keep weight down.