HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more..
Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
gri22ly
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more..

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

gri22ly, that is very interesting... I felt like this year I made it more complex than ever before...granted I saw lots of bucks and it ain't over yet, but I put entirely too much thought in to what I was doing... I learned this year to never again neglect my gut feeling or my hunter instincts...i have been doing this long enough in my area to know that what a guy writes about doing in ILL or IA or ME does not usually apply to SE Va ....there are so many variables where I hunt that a simple formula doesn't seem to fit.. I learned this year that if the wind is right, and I mean perfect, then my chances are so much better...and I will take this into next season and use my common sense about wind and quit ignoring it and pay more attention to it..
Feel your self withFACTS about (YOUR) deer, then feel in the blanks with good sound LOGIC. Gut feeling are spurred by logic,if you are a sound thinker,GO WITH IT. A simpleformula will fit.....But it has to be your formula.