HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more..
Old 12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more..

I'll answer with a cut and paste from NYbowhunters thread about do we need to get better.

Maybe someone already said it, (in my best singy songy voice)"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble. When you're perfect in every wayyyyyyyyyy"[8D][8D][8D][8D]

Actually, the older I get the more I figure it's OK to get worse. I really do. I've killed enough deer and good deer over my lifetime to satisfy anyones desires. I still yern for the hunt and the adventure, but really, I don't care if I shoot macho buck anymore. I don't go through all the extra steps to ensure success I once felt were mandatory. I don't buy gimmicks trying to improve. I may even smoke a cigarette if I feel it will add to the peace and quiet of my time in a tree. NOPE, I think it's just fine to get a little worse as time goes on. It's OK just to have fun as long as you have some success once in a while. NOPE, I think I've arrived in that I now feel it's just fine to get a little worse. Serious as I can be. Just as long as I don't mess up anyone elses fun, I'm good.

P.S> All this talk about mature budks yada yada yada... it's all relative to location, time spent and population. Good representative deer would be a worthy goal I think.