HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the difference!!??
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
GregH
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

There was a time when I was in my late teens, early 20's when I really slacked off bow hunting. I thought fast cars and girls were more important. [:-]As I entered my late 20's, I got back into bow hunting. I never stopped gun hunting. Any way, I started keeping a log of my hunting back in 1986. It was around there that I made the prediction that I'd get the biggest buck of my life while bow hunting. So far it is true. But I still gun hunt because I like it. It gives me more "in woods" time where I can still learn about these animals. I prefer bow hunting over gun hunting for many reasons...... milder temps, longer seasons etc. The main reason is that, to me, I think it is so cool to hunt deer when they are in their relaxed state, if you can call rutting....relaxed. Rather than hunting escape trails while they are fleeing for their lives. I think that is cool too. I just like bow hunting better but I still like gun hunting. I am not a purist and there is nothing wrong with being one as long as you don't condem me or my methods of hunting.