HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the difference!!??
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Hunting is a personal sport. We all have our own reasons why we do it. Each of us makes the decision what type of hunt we want. That includes areas, type of terrain, type of weapon, size and or # of deer, etc. Being able to adjust your hunt to what suits you is what makes hunting fun. My season goes thru many changes including type of weapon and hunting style. I enjoy each and enjoy each for totally different reasons.
I'm proud of every deer I take with any weapon I use. I don't consider one deer to be more of a trophy just because of the weapon I choose. I wish everyone felt this way. I pity those that don't. When we look down our noses at others because of the weapon they use the whole sport of deer hunting suffers.
I believe the above to be very nobly spoken. I don't look down my nose at any accomplishment as long as the deer's head wasn't blown off intentionally. I don't think magic was saying anyone here was looking down their nose either. I think there's an implied meaning that it does happen.