HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did you achieve your goals?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
peakrut
Bartender

Default RE: Did you achieve your goals?

My parents use to live near Jelly Belly in Kenosha County so Ifound a few spots near there.
Knowing a pleasant prairie cop also helps.
ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

ORIGINAL: peakrut

My season is not done until Jan31st so I will get back to you on this Greg. (East of the I)

T
Tony, where do you even find anywhere to hunt there? From memory, there's zero public land there. You'd have to be in someone's backyard or close to, really.

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

My goals were met to a point. I want to shoot deer that or older than 3.5 which I did arguably. But I really wished I could have dialed in an older buck. With family matters and the lack of deer on my trail camera's meant shoot the firdt 3 year old or older to show up. I had a great year hunting with Quiksilver and scouting with hoyttail hunter I wouldn't change a thing.
Dan, next year let's see if we can do opener or something. I hunted Tichigan twice with no luck. I'll do some more scouting post season.

As for my goals being achieved...

Absolutely! If I am blessed enough to even be given the health and means by which to sit in one of God's trees, I'm already happy. Given that on top of that, I met some quality people from this forum, that's icing. Considering I've killed more than my fair share of good bucks and does in this one season, I'm not sure what comes after truly blessed but that's me.