HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dog hunting outlaws
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

For every instance of an actual violation (not just suspecting them of something bad) by dog hunters there are many, many more acts of trespass, poaching, and property damge by folks hunting still hunting. Just look at the arrest reports from counties where lots of still hunting and hound hunting occur. Lots of landowners who have a nice tree ruined by someone driving spikes into it to hang a stand would likely be happy to see that type of hunting put to an end.
Lanse i have looked at some of the arrest records and im not seeing your point at all. Dog hunters still hunt too! They also still hunt while there dog hunting, hence being called a stander when the dogs are released. Also, to be fair you would have to take the total number of still hunters in the county and the total number of dog hunters in the county to make an accurate comparison. And in doing so divide the precent difference because im sure that still hunters out number dog hunters, not to mention how many dog hunters lie about when they get coughtsitting on someone elses property when the dogs are released. they probably try to not to affiliate themselves with there friends that are dog hunting. And on top of all that, since i work in field where i see police reports, i can tell you that the police reports rarely if at all depict whether they were still hunting or dog hunting. The only time that occurs is when they put a permenant stucture up out of bounds. I have found dog hunters in my friends tree stands on his farm illegally hunting, waiting for the deer the dogs are chasing. Now are the still hunters or dog hunters?

Im not saying that all dog hunters are bad, and im not saying that it should be stopped. But the right to reteive law needs to be put to an end, because many (not all) take advantage of it and see it as an open door to tresspass. And a land owner should have the ultimate right whethertoallow individuals on there property