HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Rifle opener, bow and gun in stand.... animal down! PICS!!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Buck Magnet

Default PA Rifle opener, bow and gun in stand.... animal down! PICS!!

Hey guys,

Well, today was the wonderful opener of PA's rifle season. I got set-up in stand before light this morning and I was not only packing my custom made .280, but I also brought the bow. As the sun started rising I caught some movement in the thicket in front of me and when I pulled up my binos I saw shiny black fur [:-] I never really got a good look at it, but it appeared to be a smaller bear. I figured that was gonna put a damper on my hunt but I decided to stay put in my stand. About 40 minutes later I hear something behind me and turn to see 5 guys dressed head to toe in Orange "sneaking" through the woods. They spot me and I figured that they would leave as this was private property that only my grandfather, girlfriend, best-friend and I have permission to hunt. I really didn't feel like trying to be a hero as I was out man'd so I just sat in stand. These numbnuts then proceed to set up about 80 yards in front of me in a row. At this point I am livid, so I decided to start gathering my gear and head out of the woods to tell the landowner about these guys. As I am packing everything up I hear a deer blow to my right. I catch movement and when I pull up my binos I see a bobcat working its way towards the golden rod field behind me. At that point, I called it a day and went home.

After a short nap I decided to just grab my rifle and go patrol my family property to see if the tresspassers made their way over. I got set-up overlooking a little marsh with a cornfield on the opposite side. As I am standing there I catch movement down in the swamp around 150 yards from me and I notice that it is a coyote. We have been seeing a bunch of coyotes this year and I figured that I would try taking one out. The yote' stopped at about 125 yards and I was standing and had to make a quartering towards me free-hand shot. I ended up putting a perfect shot on him, hittingit in the neck where it meetsit's skull. As soon as I shot, I see another coyote bust out of the swamp and startrunning up the hill towards me. I tried finding it in my scope but couldn't as it was set on 9X power.

I know that this isn't about bowhunting, but I really don't visit anywhere else on this site and figuret hat it counts as I had my bow out hunting this morning

Anyways, here she is, a beautiful female coyote. She is now at my taxidermists and I am having a full body mount done.