HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)
Old 11-30-2008, 06:30 PM
demoIL
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Well Crap!!!
I hunted Thursday through Sunday. Today with rain and snow all day. I seen a couple small bucks and some does. They picked corn yesterday so that is good I guess.. Although a little late.. lol

Well here is my Crap!!! Wife and Kid are sick so I stayed home as much as possible today and didn't get back to my pm stand until around 3:00.. Well guess who was there about 20 yds to my left.. The big one I had been chasing, in fact if I had kept my eyes open instead of just tromping in and climbing up I would have seen him walking in.. I made it about half way up the tree until I heard him blow and he was just standing there with a buck about as big as the one I killed during shotgun and some does. Made me sick, I just held on as he and the others ran off. He stopped about 70 yds away and looked back for about 30 sec. just to rub it in.. Geeez!!
2nd Gun season is this weekend so I won't be bowhunting until 2nd week of Dec. Not starting to look very good but I will keep after it.