HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rack characteristics, A spin off of Gregs thread
Old 11-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default Rack characteristics, A spin off of Gregs thread

What are your racks like In your woods? Wide, tall, narrow?? The mature bucks In the woods I hunt generally were wide 18" to 20" 10 pointers with decent tine length up until the last 2 years or so. The buck I got last year was not a common rack for the area. Mine was tall and had ok width (17" spread). The last 2 years I've gotten more trail cam pics of bucks like the one I got last year. Like Greg said In his thread the 8 point rack Is starting to take over some, same thing going on here In my woods.

Here Is what the normal mature buck would generally look like up until the last 2 years (10 point).

Here's the new 8 point look I've been seeing In the trail cam pics the last 2 years. The 1st picture Is the buck I shot last year. Look how some of the other pics from this year and last year follow his same design.

Big difference In the 2 rack styles. I'm sure the 10 point look Isn't completely gone but the new 8 point look Is showing up more.