HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - update on the bruiser I was chasing
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Default update on the bruiser I was chasing

Hes down. The landowner shot him last evening while he was heading to where i was in my stand. The landowner said he had seen him on multiple occasions on the very same piece of land that I described in my post yesterday. This day he came from the other side of the pasture and was rubbing yet another cedar when he shot him at 75 yrds.

He was a 13 pt with 3 droptines, 2 on the left and one on the right. He field dressed him at 215 pounds and had sent him to the processor before i could get any pictures. He saved the antlers for me since I was hunting him so hard. I asked why he didnt have plans for a wall mount and he said his wife wouldnt dare let him hang it in his house.

Im going over some time this week to get some of the sausage and the rack and i will show the pictures. Its almost like my hunting season was just deflated.

I still have my stand there, and he assured me that he has watched other bucks in the area using the sametrail from the pasture to the beddingarea I have been wanting to hunt, so I am justhoping that he has a twin, or a sibling with similar characteristics.

A day late and a buck short.