HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
pick00l
Fork Horn

Default RE: Honestly, what would YOU have done ?

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

Though I think you are gonna get honest answers here, how many of those are relavent to your situation? Meaning...how many guys here are involved in producing hunts? Until you are actually involved in production (ie - have your own money at stake), it is hard to relate.

My honest answers:

1. If the owners really stated no 2.5 yr old harvests, and now they are changing their course and being harsh about it, then you are involved with the wrong company.
2. If you can't get along with the idea of "needing a kill on video", then you oughta rethink being involved with a production company. My prostaff have passed some deer that I have not been happy about in the past.
3. There's nothing wrong with someone shooting a 2.5 yr old on or off camera if they so choose just like there is nothing wrong with choosing to pass those deer.
I don't have experience with productions but, business is business. Need to separate the business from the pleasure at some point. OR... work with a staff and company that values the same things you do and will not compromise. I can;t see this happening if money needs to be made and there are only shots at 2.5 yr old buck.

If you were hunting someone elses's land would you care if you shot that same buck?

On the cameraman....I could not hunt with someone I did not like. In this case, if you do like him... I think he made the right call into being a bit upset. If sounds like he is in it for the business reasons.

Good luck however it plays out. I would love to see the vids at some point.