HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did you achieve your goals?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Grasshopper13
Typical Buck

Default RE: Did you achieve your goals?

I'd say this year has been pretty successful one for me. I really didn't have any goals for the season, but I did want take at least 2 deer with my bow. I have accomplished that so far. I wanted to take a nice buck with my rifle or muzzleloader, but haven't been able to connect yet. One side effect from my posting and lurking here though is that I became a better hunter this year. In years past, my success depended mostly on luck.....I've never been very good at knowing without a doubt where and when a deer would walk a given area. I read several threads here where folks would post a topo map and ask for advice on where to set up. I learned a few things this year and to my delight, I actually pulled off 3 set ups where I was all but certain how the deer would travel through an area, what directions to look for deer in and roughly what time I thought they'd move through. I connected twice and just missed a 3rd time. I still have a ML buck tag and a bow buck tag, so hopefully I'll have to come back and edit this post!

GH