HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Loosing my mind!!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 09:05 PM
W. Dale

Default RE: Loosing my mind!!

LAHUNTER,
I know how you feel...For three years I have been grouping within 2" vertically but have not been able to group better than 5" -6" horozontially. This year I removed my quiver and closed the horizontial up to 3" to 4" . I really feel that the quiver was torqing, and also feel the weight was too much for me. With out the quiver I' m holding the bow steady, but with the quiver I can hardly steady it any more.....The next thing that has hindered my horizontal grouping is my form....
I' ve been trying hard to do every thing the same way on each and every shot...
Working on my fom has reduced my horizontal grouping by another 2" .......

Try concentrating on all aspects of your form......Don' t grip your bow, just push against the bow' s grip with loosely closed fingers....., when at full draw, bend your bow arm at the elbow the same amount each time, Anchor your release hand to the same point each time using something on your face or neck as a reference point.....Don' t let your release hand touch your neck or anything when squezing the trigger of your release...When at full draw, always try to hold the same amount of pressure against the bow' s draw stop.......After all this, sweep your bow from the same direction each time until your sight pin approaches your target slowing down to a creep and squeezing the trigger when you have just come to a stop on your target......Consistantly doing all of these things, seems to be eliminating horizontal grouping problems for me.....Hope this helps......